Customers with Virgin Money can get a market-leading 5.85 percent with the bank’s One Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA Exclusive Issue 7.
A person can pay money into the ISA as soon as it’s opened and up until 30 days after the bank stops selling the account, up to the £20,000 annual ISA allowance.
However, the account is open only to current account customers with Virgin Money, or with Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank. Virgin Money’s Essential Current Account or any account with Northern Rock will not qualify a person to open an ISA.
The account has to be opened online or in a Virgin Money branch. Funds can be paid in cash at a branch, via cheque, electronic transfer or by transferring an existing ISA.
Customers can manage their accounts in writing, in a branch or over the phone, as well as with internet and mobile banking.
READ MORE ‘Invaluable’ savings option could get you £1,000 a year bonus
There is no minimum amount needed to open the account and the account can stay open and be managed with any amount deposited.
Customers will be charged 60 days’ interest on any withdrawals or transfers of funds to another account. A person can make a withdrawal at any time or transfer funds to another provider.
This is a limited issue account so Virgin Money may withdraw the product from sale at any time without giving notice.
December and Christmas payment dates for benefits and state pension[PAYMENTS]
‘Bailiffs seized my van over incorrect parking fine – now I’ve lost my business'[PARKING FINE]
125,500 Universal Credit sanctions imposed in one month for missing appointments[SANCTIONS]
These are some of the other top-paying fixed rate ISAs currently paying more than 5.4 percent at the time of writing:
- Metro Bank – One Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA – 5.71 percent
- Charter Savings Bank – One Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA – 5.45 percent
- Kent Reliance – Cash ISA One Year Fixed Rate – Issue 84 – 5.43 percent
- Zopa – Smart ISA – One Year Fixed Term ISA pot – 5.41 percent.
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
ISA savers who want more flexibility with how they can access their savings can get rates above five percent with easy access cash ISAs.
These are some of the top-paying easy access ISAs at the time of writing:
- Metro Bank – Instant Access Cash ISA – 5.11 percent
- Zopa – Smart ISA – Access ISA pot – 5.08 percent
- Cynergy Bank – Online ISA – Issue 43 – 5.07 percent
- Virgin Money – Defined Access Cash E-ISA Issue 23 – 5.01 percent.
For the latest personal finance news, follow us on Twitter at @ExpressMoney_.
Source: Read Full Article