IF you've been on any form of social media recently you may have spotted the viral “milk crate challenge".
The challenge involves people trying to walk over stacks of milk crates and TikTok has decided to ban it.
Why has TikTok banned the milk crate challenge?
TikTok has banned the "milk crate challenge" for encouraging dangerous acts.
The challenge sees people attempt to walk up a tower of milk crates and back down again.
It is dangerous and has led to videos of people falling into some painful positions.
According to CNN, TikTok explained: "TikTok prohibits content that promotes or glorifies dangerous acts, and we remove videos and redirect searches to our Community Guidelines to discourage such content.
"We encourage everyone to exercise caution in their behavior whether online or off."
Hashtags associated with the milk crate challenge will no longer take you to videos of it.
Any videos found to be violating the new ban will be removed from the platform.
The move comes as medical experts have been warning people not to take part in the challenge.
In the US, Baltimore’s Health Department tweeted a video of someone attempting the challenge, and said: “With COVID-19 hospitalizations rising around the country, please check with your local hospital to see if they have a bed available for you, before attempting the #milkcratechallenge. "
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, Apple's latest iOS 15 software could be released worldwide as soon as next month.
WhatsApp is working on a feature that could see your messages disappear after 90 days.
And, Twitter is having to make changes to its redesign of the app after users complained about headaches and migraines.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article