IS your iPhone not holding charge like it used to?
Luckily, Apple has built a way to check an iPhones' battery health into the device – so you know when it is on its last legs.
It's not uncommon to have to replace an iPhones battery after having it for a long time, especially if you're not overly keen on having the latest device.
A phone is a phone after all.
But it can be difficult when it fails to hold its charge, or the percentage plummets without rhyme or reason.
According to Apple, a "normal battery is designed to retain up to 80 per cent of its original capacity" while operating under normal conditions.
READ MORE ON IPHONES
Hidden iPhone button changes how you take photos – never use the old way again
My partner discovered my sneaky iPhone text scheduling trick and feels ‘betrayed’
This is the case for at least 500 complete charge cycles, the tech giant says in a help forum on its website.
All iPhones have a one-year warranty which includes service coverage for a defective battery.
But even if it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge.
To check your iPhones battery health, simply follow these steps:
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
You're typing on your iPhone WRONG – expert reveals five mind-blowing tricks
People are realizing Wi-Fi router speed is killed by common household item
You're using your iPhone WRONG – 4 common mistakes that could kill your phone
People are just realising 3 simple ways to instantly boost your sluggish iPhone
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging.
Here you will see information about your battery’s capacity, peak performance, and whether your battery needs to be serviced.
Some important things to look out for in the Battery section, which could help you maintain a rosier battery health, are these:
- Insights and suggestions: You might see insights about conditions or usage patterns that cause iPhone to consume energy. You might also see suggestions for lowering energy consumption. If a suggestion appears, you can tap it to go to the corresponding setting.
- Last Charged: Indicates how fully the battery was last charged and the time it was disconnected.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
Source: Read Full Article