- “Hey Google, take me home” is a voice command you can use to immediately get directions home from Google Assistant.
- Google Take Me Home is available on iPhone and Android in the Google Maps and the Google Assistant apps.
- iOS users will need to install the Google Assistant app to use this feature.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
“Hey Google, take me home” is a voice command for Google Assistant that opens the Google Maps app and starts a route to your home address.
It’s most seamlessly used on Android devices, which already use Google Assistant as its default virtual assistant. However Apple users can also install the Google Assistant app and use it separately or in tandem with Siri.
How the “Hey Google, take me home” feature works
This voice command is carried out by Google Assistant and can be used once you set — or edit — a Google Maps home address. Once it’s all set up, you can open either Google Assistant or Google Maps to use the command.
For Android users, all you need to do is set that home address and then say “Hey Google, take me home” or or “Ok Google, take me home.” Google Assistant will open Google Maps and find the fastest route home.
For Apple users, you’ll need to install and set up Google Assistant, then set your home address on Google Maps.
How to set up the Google Assistant app on an iPhone
- Find Google Assistant in the App Store, then install it by tapping “Get.”
- When the app is finished installing, tap “Open.”
- Sign into your Google account, or if you’re already signed into another Google app on your iPhone, select the account you want to use.
- On the next screen, choose whether or not to allow Google Assistant to save information about your contacts from signed-in devices.
- Read through how Google Partners work with Google Assistant, then tap “Continue.”
- Tap the microphone icon, then tap “OK” to give Google Assistant access to your microphone.
How to set up a Google Home address in the Google
Maps mobile app
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Tap the Search bar.
- Under “Home,” tap “Set location.”
- Type in your home address.
- Select your address in the search results by tapping it and wait for the Google Maps app to confirm it was added.
How to use “Hey Google, take me home” to find a route home
- Open the Google Assistant app and tap the microphone if the assistant doesn’t immediately activate.
- Say “Hey Google, take me home.”
- Follow the directions from Google Maps to go home.
Source: Read Full Article