- To report a traffic incident in Maps on your iPhone, open the bottom menu on the map screen and tap the Report icon.
- The Maps app’s Report option lets you flag traffic accidents, driving hazards, and speed traps.
- You’ll need to update your iPhone to iOS 14.5 or newer to use Maps’ reporting features.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Apple’s Maps app now lets users report hazards on a travel route. This new tool is a long-awaited feature for iPhone users, who previously had to navigate with third-party apps like Waze in order to self-report traffic incidents.
The crowd-sourced feature lets Apple Maps users report car accidents, road hazards, and speed checks along their route. These reports will then be sent to Apple, and if enough reports are made, they’ll be shown on the map to all users.
To use the self-reporting tool, you’ll need to update your iPhone to iOS 14.5 or newer, and be actively navigating.
How to report traffic incidents in Maps on your iPhone
- Update your iPhone to iOS 14.5 if you haven’t.
- Open the Apple Maps app.
- Type in your destination and tap “Directions.”
Now select “Go” on a route option to begin your trip.
- Along the way, if you see a hazard, accident or speed check, tap the grey arrow on the bottom-right of the screen to pull up a menu of options.
Tap “Report,” which looks like a speech bubble with an exclamation mark.
Now choose between “Accident,” “Hazard,” or “Speed Check” to report an incident at this location.
Important: You should refrain from using devices while driving to avoid potential accidents. Consider pulling over and reporting the incident in-app with your iPhone, having a passenger do it, or going hands free with Siri by saying “Hey Siri, report an accident.”
Source: Read Full Article