- You can put music on your Instagram Story by tapping the sticker icon in your Story and selecting "Music" from the list of options.
- There's a lot of music to choose from — you can scroll through Instagram's recommended list of songs, or search for your own song.
- Music clips can only be 15 seconds long, but you get to choose which 15 seconds of the song to include in your Instagram Story.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you have a smartphone, chances are you're on Instagram.
Whether you love posting selfies or vacation snaps, or you're just there for the cute dog pics or the yummy recipes, the popular social media app likely has some form of entertainment for you to consume.
Most Instagram users also take advantage of the Stories feature, which allows you to post 15-second snippets of video or photos and add in fun things like gifs, emojis, and even music.
But how do you add music to your Instagram Stories?
It's a quick and easy process that you'll pick up in no time. Here's how to do it on your iPhone or Android.
How to put music on your Instagram Story
1. On your iPhone or Android's home screen, locate the Instagram icon and tap to open the app.
2. Swipe left from your feed's home screen to open the Stories feature.
3. Either take or select the photo or video you want to post to your Instagram Story.
4. In the menu bar along the top of your screen, tap the small square smiley icon, which looks like a Post-It being peeled away.
5. Tap the "Music" option. Then, in the search box which appears, type in the song you want to include on your Instagram Story.
6. Tap on the selected song when it appears on the list and drag the small bar at the bottom of the screen to the segment of the song you want on your Story.
- Note that you can also select how you want the music to visually appear on your Story, whether as lyrics, the cover art of the album the song comes from, or a small text box announcing the name of the song.
- You can also adjust the length of the music segment from five to 15 seconds by tapping the circle on the left side of the music clip that reads "15" by default.
7. Hit "Done" when finished, then post your Story as normal.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to go live on Instagram, to broadcast video in real time to your followers
How to ask a question to your followers using Instagram Stories
How to save your Instagram stories manually or automatically, in 3 different ways
How to repost an Instagram Story that you've been tagged in to your own Story
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Source: Read Full Article