- You can add a suggested highlight to your Instagram profile from your profile page or add your current story to a published highlight in a few simple steps.
- Highlights help you showcase your stories even after they've disappeared.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Instagram stories can help you showcase your life, but they disappear after 24 hours. So if you're looking for something more long-term, adding highlights to your profile is a great option.
The process is simple, and it allows you to keep those photos or videos posted and accessible for as long as you want.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
How to add a suggested highlight on Instagram
1. Open the Instagram app and log into your account, if needed.
2. Go to your profile by tapping on your picture icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap "Story Highlights" underneath your bio.
4. A dropdown will appear.
5. You can either select one of the suggested stories, or hit "New," designated by a plus sign icon.
6. After tapping "New," you can select any of your past stories by tapping each image you want to add.
7. After selecting the images, hit "Next" and on the next screen, you can edit your cover image and highlight name.
8. Tap "Add" (iPhone) or "Done" (Android) to add it to your profile.
Suggested highlights will also appear on the "New" screen underneath your past stories. To add one, tap the circular icon at the bottom of the screen and select either "Edit Highlight" or "Add to Profile." Clicking "Add to Profile" will immediately publish the highlight.
How to add a current story to a published highlight
If you have a story currently posted, you can add it to the published highlights on your profile.
1. Tap on your current story.
2. On each image or video of your story that you want to add to your published highlights, tap "Highlight" in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Then select which highlight you to add it to, or create a new highlight by tapping "New."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to put spaces in your Instagram bio using the mobile app or desktop site
How to add a quiz to your Instagram story and customize it for your followers to answer
How to tell if someone has muted you on Instagram, so that your posts won't appear in their feed
How to post a live photo on Instagram in 2 different ways
How to post panorama photos on Instagram in 2 different ways
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Source: Read Full Article