CONTACTS are the bread and butter of WhatsApp.
So if you need to know how to add a WhatsApp contact, read on.
How to add contacts in WhatsApp
- If you want to add a contacts from directly within WhatsApp, start by tapping the new chat button in the top right.
- Tap the New Contact option.
- Here you'll be able to fill in the contact's name and phone number.
- Once you've entered those, press Save.
- Now that contact should automatically appear in your contact list.
- You may have to search their name if you have loads of contacts already.
If it doesn't, it might be that the person doesn't have WhatsApp.
But it could also be that the number is wrong so double check it.
Be sure to get international codes right too if the contact is from abroad.
Read more about WhatsApp
Billions of WhatsApp users gain important new feature you don’t want to ignore
WhatsApp and Facebook users must delete fake app that’s spying on your chats
The other way to add a contact in WhatsApp is via your iPhone or Android device's address book.
Go to your Contacts app, and save a contact in your phone.
When you return to WhatsApp, you should find the new contact automatically appearing in your list.
If not, you might need to quit and restart the app.
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
I'm a Wi-Fi expert – I know best router spot to avoid 'dead zone' speed disaster
Your iPhone's volume buttons have 3 'secret' features – it could be a lifesaver
iPhone and Android owners can get a FREE battery upgrade with brand new perk
More than 40 Android smartphones become dangerous TODAY – check yours ASAP
Alternatively, you can go to New Chat and search for them.
Adding contacts via your phone is probably the best way, as it saves the person's details across your phone and WhatsApp.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article