LATIOS and Latias are have journeyed all the way from Hoenn to grace our screens with their majestic presence.
The dragon-type duo will be available to capture on Pokemon Go until June 5 but not quite at the same time… Here is all you need to know.
When are Latios and Latias available to capture?
Latias and Latios joined the fray on April 2, 2018, and will be available until June 5. However, that's only half the story.
These legendary beasts will not be available at the same time and instead are operating under a regional rotation.
In Europe and Asia/Pacific, Latios will be available until May 8, whilst in the Americas and Africa, Latios will be available.
Then, on May 8, the Pokemon will rotate and be capturable until June 5, by which point they will fly away.
How do you catch Latios and Latias and what are the best Pokemon to battle with?
As they are Dragon and Psychic-types, you will want a team that can either tackle one of their weaknesses – or for an even stronger effect, a move that tackles both.
They are very similar Pokemon as well, which means the team that works for one of them will work for the other as well.
They are typically weak against Dark, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Fairy and Dragon types.
Here are the best Pokemon for the job:
- Rayquaza – Hopefully you managed to catch this legendary Dragon-type. His Dragon Tail will obliterate Latios or Latias.
- Dragonite – The first ever dragon in the world of Pokemon – Dragon Tail again is the strongest move here.
- Tyranitar – This beast is pure strength – his dark-type Bite and Crunch moves will do tremendous damage.
- Scizor – Latias and Latios are weak to Bug-type and so Fury Cutter and X-Scissor will definitely come in handy.
- Gengar – Both Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball will help this Ghost Pokemon win the battle.
- Articuno – Frost Breath and Ice Beam are sure to cool off Latias and Latios.
More Pokemon Go
Pokemon GO adds two new pokemon this week ahead of Power Plant event
Shock Drive Genesect comes to Pokemon GO this week— here's how to catch it
LA cops fired after ignoring emergency call to chase Pokemon Go monsters
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour January 2022 schedule is here!
Latios is exceptionally powerful and you will need to dodge some of his more powerful moves. With 268 attack, he is more powerful than Ho-Oh and almost as powerful as Mewtwo.
This ultimately means that there is the potential to lose your Pokemon with just one move.
Latias is a more defence heavy Pokemon. This means that this is likely to be a more sustained fight but not one where you should expect to get wiped.
Source: Read Full Article