- Insider Intelligence publishes thousands of research reports, charts, and forecasts on the Connectivity & Tech industry. You can learn more about becoming a client here.
- The following is a preview of one Connectivity & Tech report, the Enterprise Video Conferencing Report. You can purchase this report here.
The first half of 2020 saw video conferencing platforms become central to enterprises' strategies in navigating the disruptions from the coronavirus pandemic.
Between stay-at-home orders, social distancing guidelines, and temporary office lockdown directives, businesses across industries were forced to move operations remotely — and this has forced many more businesses to outfit their workforce with the tech and increase usage.This momentum in the video conferencing space has ignited a fierce battle among companies trying to capitalize on peak demand spurred by the pandemic.
As enterprises consolidate their conferencing platforms in the years ahead, a few dominant video conferencing platforms will emerge as winners. Video conferencing platforms have been engaging in a features arms race to support the mass migration to remote working, but the biggest opportunity will come as companies adopt enterprise communication platforms for long-term use cases, and not just as temporary solutions to the pandemic's disruptions.
In an increasingly crowded field, securing status as an enterprises' preferred video conferencing platform has become a growing imperative for video conferencing providers, especially given the anticipated long-term shift toward remote working.
In the Enterprise Video Conferencing report, Insider Intelligence examines five major video conferencing services vying for a piece of the enterprise market. We explore their strengths and weaknesses, innovations as a result of the pandemic, and how well they are positioned to become an enterprise's preferred video conferencing platform well beyond the pandemic.
The companies mentioned in this report are: BlueJeans, Cisco Webex, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
Here are some key takeaways from this report:
- As enterprises consolidate their conferencing platforms in the years ahead, video conferencing platforms are on the hook to secure their status as a primary service. As companies look for avenues to cut costs and enhance productivity while working remotely during the remainder of the year, especially among the many employers now embracing remote work accommodations that will extend beyond the pandemic, they will or have already accelerated plans to review their services with a mind toward consolidation.
- Video conferencing software platforms can become enterprises' go-to solution by establishing a competitive advantage in at least one of the nine areas by which enterprises frequently judge video conferencing software platforms. The metrics include price, breadth of video conferencing features, ease of use, trust, integrations, quality and performance, reach, scale, and completeness.
- To predict how the video conferencing market will shake out after the pandemic, we've stacked up five key players in the space. Zoom, Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and BlueJeans were selected based on existing market reach, brand awareness, and feature-set leadership.
- The report highlights how well Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Cisco Webex, and BlueJeans are positioned to meet surging demand as a result of the pandemic and build long-term loyalty. It also evaluates their potential to become businesses' primary solution in the long term based on each platform's competitive positioning.
In full, the report:
- Explores how the coronavirus pandemic has impacted the enterprise video conferencing space.
- Provides an overview of the metrics by which enterprises frequently judge video conferencing software.
- Predicts how the video conferencing market will shake out after the dust from the pandemic settles.
Interested in getting the full report? Here's how you can gain access:
- Join other Insider Intelligence clients who receive this report, along with thousands of other Connectivity & Tech forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes. >> Become a Client
- Purchase the individual report from our store. >> Buy The Report Here
Are you a current Insider Intelligence client? Log in and read the report here.
Source: Read Full Article