Good morning and welcome to 10 Things in Tech. If this was forwarded to you, sign up here.
Let’s get started.
1. The Biden administration is investigating the huge Microsoft Exchange hack. On Tuesday, Microsoft said that its Exchange email server had been hacked by the “Hafnium” group with the support of the Chinese state.
2. Apple is reportedly planning a mixed-reality headset. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said in a research note that the headset could arrive in 2022, followed by AR glasses in 2025.
3. Trevor Milton left Nikola after he was accused of lying and exaggerating about its products. Legal filings and interviews with 38 people suggest the charismatic billionaire has a long history of bending the truth. An exclusive look at the rise and fall of the man once heralded as the next Elon Musk.
4. John McAfee has been indicted on federal charges related to “the fraudulent promotion of cryptocurrencies.” It’s the second time the controversial antivirus magnate has been indicted on federal charges. If convicted, he could be facing what amounts to a life sentence.
5. Every two years, Amazon executives — including Jeff Bezos — spent a few days as customer service agents. That’s one of many revelations in a new book written by two longtime Amazon insiders on how the company works. More behind-the-scenes details here.
6. India is threatening to jail Twitter and Facebook employees. The government is pressuring the tech companies to give up data related to farmers protests that erupted in late 2020 after the country passed agriculture reforms. This is what we know so far.
7. Tesla is slowly losing its electric vehicle crown. The company’s share of the US electric car market fell from 81% to 69% in February, with the Mustang Mach-E as the main reason for Tesla’s losses. More on that here.
8. Inside the disruptive rise of $2 billion Babylon Health, which sources say is exploring a SPAC. Babylon Health is best known for an app that provides virtual consultations with doctors, and it’s targeting the US in a bid for growth. We took a deep dive into the company.
9. An inside look at Apple’s ambitious next decade. From VR headsets and foldable iPhones to an Apple car, the company could redefine consumer tech within the next decade. We explored what’s ahead for the tech giant.
10. Clubhouse is at the heart of a revolution over “non-fungible tokens” — and it’s led to a “buyer beware” situation. After a series of high-profile NFT sales, people are scrambling to buy and sell them for big profits. Here’s why some experts say that’s not a smart move.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching “Business Insider” in your flash briefing settings.
Compiled by Jordan Erb. Tips/ comments? Email [email protected] or tweet @JordanParkerErb.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article